Firefighter (Interior or Exterior)
Firefighters are trained in firematic tactics to preserve property and life when it comes to fire related incidents. We do have a Jr. Firefighter Program starting at age 16, Training is provided by the Department.
Fire Police are the first to arrive on a scene and usually the last to leave. They provide scene security and traffic control to keep the public and emergency respodners safe. Training is provided by the Department.
Associate Members assist the Department with support & fundraising functions. These members do not engage in Emergency Response or Incident Operations.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!!
The following items are some responsibilities/regulations for all members:
- You must attend one drill per month (Tuesday nights).
- You must attend 6 out of 12 business meetings per year (2nd Tuesday of each month).
- You will be on probation for the first year.
- During the first year (probation), you will not be allowed to use blue lights.
- You must be enrolled in Essentials of Firefighting or Basic Fire Police and other required training within the probation period.
- Whatever equipment is issued to you, it must be kept clean, dry and in good condition.
- You will be given a copy of the By-Laws and SOP's and are responsible to read them.
- Probation members and juniors will not drive their POV's (personal vehicles) to the scene.
- Juniors and probationary members are not permitted in the firehouse by themselves. There must be a senior member present.
- You must show up on time for drills and meetings.
All members applying to Volunteer with West End Fire Company are required to submit background checks with their application. The Membership Committee will inform you of what you need to submit.
Complete the application form below and someone from our Membership Committee will be in contact with you.
Should you have any questions, we are at the main station on Route 715 behind Wawa every Tuesday night at 7pm or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the firehouse at (570) 992-4121.
West End Fire Company is always seeking volunteers that are intersted in serving their community and helping those in need. You don't need to go into a burning bulilding to volunteer with our department. We have various opportunites that you can learn about below.