BECOME A VOLUNTEER!!
The following items are some responsibilities/regulations for all members:
- You must attend one drill per month (Tuesday nights).
- You must attend 6 out of 12 business meetings per year (2nd Tuesday of each month).
- You will be on probation for the first year.
- During the first year (probation), you will not be allowed to use blue lights.
- You must be enrolled in Essentials of Firefighting or Basic Fire Police and other required training within the probation period.
- Whatever equipment is issued to you, it must be kept clean, dry and in good condition.
- You will be given a copy of the By-Laws and SOP's and are responsible to read them.
- Probation members and juniors will not drive their POV's (personal vehicles) to the scene.
- Juniors and probationary members are not permitted in the firehouse by themselves. There must be a senior member present.
- You must show up on time for drills and meetings.
All members applying to Volunteer with West End Fire Company are required to submit the following items with their application:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (form is included with application) or you can do it online here
- PA Child Abuse Check can be obtained from this website
- All new members over age 18 and who have not resided in Pennsylvania for 10 years or more, are required to get an FBI Background check which includes fingerprinting. Click here for the website
Please click the button below for a PDF version of our application. Return the package along with the required documents listed above to our firehouse on Route 715 in Brodheadsville behind the Wawa. We are there every Tuesday night at 7:00pm. If you have any questions, please call the firehouse at (570) 992-4121.